Karina leading the 'Eco-Bot Challenge'
Sara and Dana lead horse knowledge activities created by the Ramapo Riders 4-H Club
NYS 4-H Fair
The New York State 4-H Fair
The emphasis for Cornell Cooperative Extension’s 4-H
Youth Development involvement at State Fair is to provide youth 8 – 19 years of
age with opportunities to:
- Be recognized for their accomplishments: display what they have learned; enhance individual learning and skill development; learn and recognize standards for quality project work; apply research-based subject matter to everyday life experiences, and receive recognition for a job well done.
- Present an accurate, contemporary image of 4-H as a relevant, year-round non-formal educational program for youth of all backgrounds and interests.
- Attract youth and adults to become involved in the 4-H program.
- Educate the public about selected subject matter and issues, particularly those related to the expertise of Cornell University and the 4-H Youth Development program.
- Provide opportunity for volunteers to develop and demonstrate their leadership abilities
- Provide FREE family fun.
- Promote public awareness of the 4-H program through a showcase of 4-H Youth in Action, as well as exhibits of 4-H project work.
- 4-H events and activities at the New York State Fair are an extension of educational programs conducted by 4-H youth development programs in counties throughout New York State within the mission mandate areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Applied Math), Healthy Living, and Civic Engagement. They are designed to complement and supplement County, District and other State activities. (For some events there are also related Regional and National Programs, which follow State Fair.)
4-H programs and activities at State Fair are under the
supervision of 4-H Program Coordinators, campus specialists, and county Cornell
Cooperative Extension 4-H Staff, with assistance from volunteer leaders and
4-H Youth Building at State Fair
4-H at State Fair is synonymous with fun, excitement,
interactive learning, and more! For 13 days, youth from around New York attend
Fair as representatives of their county Cooperative Extension and 4-H offices.
The 4-H Youth Building offers a dorm upstairs to accommodate youth and families
Each district is provided a booth in the 4-H Youth Building to display exhibits and lead interactive activities with the public. The 4-H Youth Building and
our many animal barns act as showcases of youth learning and effort to make
their best better.
4-H youth, ages 8 - 19 years of age, participate in State
Fair and are provided opportunities to:
- Display exhibits or offer presentations that demonstrate learning
- Enhance individual learning & skill development
- Receive recognition or participate in invitationals based on county or District achievement
- Learn & recognize standards of quality
- Learn & apply research-based subject matter
- Promote public awareness of the 4-H Youth Development program
- Develop career readiness and teamwork skills
- Have fun
Rockland 4-H is returning to the New York State Fair in August, 2022!
See the NYS 4-H Premium Book for project ideas and guidelines! Get recognized for the great work you do!
2022 4-H Youth Building Premium Book
Last updated July 6, 2022